Rules and Regulations:Adult Categories: 15 years +
Youth Categories: 14 years and under.
- Nature - landscape, water and sky features, including critters in their natural environment
- Action - show us the activities that you love to do in The Park
- Historical - share your memories through vintage photos for the 25th anniversary of The Massasauga Provincial Park
- Nature - landscape, water and sky features including critters in their natural environment
- Action - show us your activities that you love to do in The Park
- Best Photograph - one grand prize for each Adult & Youth
- First, second and third place prizes for each of the categories
(prize list will be announced on our website in May)
Contest Time Line: from May 18 to October 10, 2018
How to enter?
- Download the registration form from our website here: Adult , Youth
- Submit photos with a completed registration form to: email@example.com
- Designate which category the photograph is entered
- Individual photographs can be entered into only one category with a maximum of 5 photographs per category
- Multiple photographs can be entered with each registration form
- Entry to the contest with the signed registration form constitutes acceptance of the official contest rules
- Entries will be rejected if not accompanied by a fully completed registration form and release forms, or fall outside of the contest time lines
- There is no entry fee
Official Contest rules
Eligibility - the contest is open to all Canadian residents, excluding FOMP board of directors
Entrants 14 years of age or younger will need consent from a parent or legal guardianSubmission Requirements:
- You must be an amateur photographer
- The photograph must have been taken within the boundaries of The Massasauga Provincial Park
- The registrant must have taken the photograph submitted during the last two years (excluding the Historical category)
- Photos of identifiable people must include a signed MODEL RELEASE form, here.
- Photos with recognizable buildings or other property (i.e. artwork, distinct landscaping and identifiable cottage features such as custom docks, etc) that would identify the location of the property require the registrant to include a signed PROPERTY RELEASE form, here.
- Photographs that depict unsafe situations or behaviour, or that contravene the rules of Massassauga Park, such as; water sports without appropriate safety gear, illegal activity, feeding or otherwise interacting with wild animals, damage to plants or the environment, or vandalism, will be disallowed and removed from the competition.
- Entrants retain full copyright to their photographs, but by submitting their images to the contest, all entrants agree to allow FOMP a non-exclusive* right to use their photographs in the organization's marketing (with suitable photo credits) such as their website and newsletters, or printed materials such as brochures or posters. (*This use is non-exclusive, meaning that the photographers can still use their photographs for any purpose or sell them as they wish)
- This specified use is limited to FOMP only and photographs will not be used for commercial purposes or shared with any other party.
- A panel of judges will be selected by FOMP consisting of both professional and amateur photographers
- Judging will be complete and winners notified by November 30, 2018
- Photographs will be judged on subject matter, composition, technique, impact and creativity
- Judges will judge the entries at their absolute discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- THE JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL.
- You may take a photograph with any device
- File sizes: must be a minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side, with a resolution of 300ppi and not larger that 5 MB's
- JPG files only labelled with the photographers name
- No water marks allowed
- Standard optimization, including removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, colour and contrast, etc, are allowed. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified.
- The winning photographs and the photographer's name will be posted on our website, friendsofthemassasauga.ca, and our social media sites. They may also appear in The Massasauga Provincial Park Tabloid.